The Air Canada sale to Shanghai that we published over the last two days from San Francisco and Chicago is also available from Los Angeles.
- October 23rd – 30th. Valid for travel from October 15th – December 10th for Tuesday and Wednesday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ac+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes fields to search only Air Canada availability. Must purchase by September 7th.
- LAX – YVR (Vancouver) – PVG (Shanghai) – YVR – LAX
- 13,360 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. The LAX-YVR and YVR-LAX segments do not earn mileage, as such, the miles earned will be 11,230 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. Air Canada is a member of Star Alliance and partners with United and US Airways. We would credit these flights with United due to its superior mileage program. Remember to collect your miles; this is almost enough miles for a one way domestic reward ticket.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on AirCanada.com
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping