We have not seen prices like this to Shanghai from San Francisco since January. This is a very good price.
- October 17th – 24th. Valid for travel from October 15th – December 10th for Tuesday and Wednesday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ac+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes fields to search only Air Canada availability. Must purchase by September 7th.
- SFO – YVR (Vancouver) – PVG (Shanghai) – YVR – SFO
- 12,798 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. The SFO-YVR and YVR-SFO segments do not earn mileage, as such, the miles earned will be 11,230 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. Air Canada is a member of Star Alliance and partners with United and US Airways. We would credit these flights with United due to its superior mileage program. Remember to collect your miles; this is almost enough miles for a one way domestic reward ticket.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on AirCanada.com
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping