Dar Es Salaam is a great springboard to the following in Tanzania: the beaches of Zanzibar, the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, and the safari in the Serengeti. Use Precision Air Services as the low cost carrier to fly between those destinations.
- October 1st – 10th. Valid for travel from September 20th – December 10th or January 10th, 2013 – March 10th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable “advanced routing codes” and enter “tk+” on both the outbound and return field to search for only Turkish Airlines. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- IAD – IST (Istanbul) – DAR (Dar Es Salaam) – IST – IAD
- 17,190 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. 17,190 miles is enough for an one way domestic reward ticket — or up to $250 in value. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens can get a visa on arrival for $100. A multi-entry option is available for the same price. So get that. In addition, proof of yellow fever vaccination is required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling (TZS). $1USD = 1,575 TZS
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping