All Nippon is Japan’s second largest airline and is a member of the Star Alliance. It is a partner of United and US Airways’s frequent flyer programs. All Nippon published this fare last month that was valid for purchase until August 14th. It has extended the purchase period until September 11th.
Beijing is a great introduction to China — tons of good eats, culture, and history. As with all Beijing posts, we recommend that you have the Peking duck at Made in China at the Grand Hyatt Beijing. Make sure to reserve the duck beforehand. It is our favorite Peking duck anywhere in the world.
- November 6th – 15th. Valid for travel from October 28th – December 10th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “nh+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only All Nippon Airways availability. Must purchase by September 11th.
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo – Narita) // HND (Tokyo – Haneda) – PEK (Beijing) – NRT – JFK. Includes a 12 hour overnight layover in Tokyo. Go to an Izakaya, grab a few drinks and some Japanese bar food. Catch a nap and board the flight to Beijing.
- 16,104 miles or 4.9 cents per mile. All Nippon Airways (ANA) is a member of the Star Alliance and a partner with United’s MileagePlus program — this fare will earn 100% with United. Provide the checkin staff with your United MileagePlus number to receive full credit.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on FLY-ANA.COM
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping