We don’t normally publish fares that are over 6 cents per mile — but when it is London and it is under $500 nonstop from the States, we do it! (We also see this fare published for around $700 from South Florida, but we have been unable to find a ticketing agent that can issue the ticket)
[Update 8/20/2012 @ 3:00PM Eastern – We checked this fare again and the fuel surcharges have not been included. This could be an error as Virgin Atlantic traditionally has included at least $400 from the United States. This could be as a result of it being a codeshare flight and the fuel surcharge was left off by accident. As such, if you have intentions of going, buy now and worry later. Refer to our honoring mistake fares post should you have any questions about buying a potential mistake fare. But in general, they will be honored]
[Update 8/21/2012 @ 11:45AM Eastern – Fare gone]
Thanks to Airfarewatchdog for finding this.
- November 7th – 15th. Valid for travel from October 22nd – December 14th or December 25th – March 13th for Monday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Tuesday through Thursday departures to the United States. A Sunday night stay is required, meaning, the shortest trip you can take is a Wednesay to Tuesday (or 6 days). Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- PHL – LHR (London) – PHL. The flights are operated by US Airways and codeshared with Virgin Atlantic — meaning you will fly and checkin with US Airways, but with a Virgin Atlantic flight number
- 7,066 miles or 6.5 cents per mile. Credit this with US Airways should earn you 100% redeemable mileage, however, this is a Virgin Atlantic flight number, so it might be 50%. Provide the check in US Airways agent with your US Airways # to receive mileage.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Pound Sterling (GBP). 1GBP = $1.57USD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping