This is Delta attacking American’s fares out to/from Miami. As in the case with 99.9% of all domestic fares, this works the other way around too (e.g., San Francisco to Miami)
Fares like these do not last long. Delta has a risk free 24 hour cancellation policy, if you need time to firm up your travel plans, so you can buy this fare and then go firm them.
[Update 8/17/2012 @ 4:30PM Eastern – Fare gone]
- Sample for San Francisco
- October 5th – 9th. Valid for travel until June, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase at least 7 days advance of departure.
- MIA – LAX (Los Angeles) – SFO (San Francisco) – ATL (Atlanta) – MIA
- 5,403 miles or 4.1 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here