The fare to Chennai is once again available from British Airways. If you have a British Airways Visa credit card issued by Chase, you can save an additional 10% on this itinerary. Details below:
- October 8th – 17th. Valid for travel until October 31st or December 24th, 2012 – May 13th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ba+” on both the outbound and return advance routing code fields to search only British Airways availability. Must purchase at least 7 in days advance of departure.
- LAX – LHR (London) – MAA (Chennai) – LHR – LAX
- 21,110 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. British Airways is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and partners with American Airlines. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer program — provide the check-in staff with your American Airlines number to receive credit. 21,110 miles is only 3,900 miles away from a free domestic coach ticket in the United States. Remember to collect your miles!
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on BA.COM
- Save an extra 10% off if you have the Chase British Airways Visa credit card (details here)
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 51.6 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping