With the exception of Bali, Indonesia is mostly unexplored by most tourists. (For travel hackers, the fare from Jakarata to Bali on a low cost carrier like AirAsia is about $200). Jakarta is also a good springboard to tour the mostly unexplored rainforest of the Indonesian portion of Borneo. Borneo is also a good destination for diving. Enjoy.
- October 15th – 23rd. Valid for travel from August 27th – November 30th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by August 30th.
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – CGK (Jakarta) – NRT – LAX. This fare also include an overnight layover on the outbound in Tokyo.
- 18,140 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for Tourism – $25. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR). $1USD = 9,455 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping