The Shorthaul is a new semi-regular feature from The Flight Deal created to address an inherent challenge with our service. Our 6 cents-per-mile criteria for posting fares allows very few good deals that are short flights to be posted. For example, New York to Chicago is 1,467 miles; therefore, the fare cannot exceed $88 for non-stop service using our baseline rule. However, there have been many sales in the $120-150 range that we have been unable to post simply because it did not meet the strict 6 cents-per-mile criteria.
The Shorthaul will address this challenge with two new baseline criteria for short flights:
1) Under $200
2) Under 3,000 miles roundtrip
Our regularly scheduled The Flight Deal posts between 10AM and 3PM EST will remain intact. The Shorthaul, however, will be semi-regular (read, don’t expect this every day/week) and will be posted around 5PM EST for East Coast deals and 8PM EST for West Coast deals. For The Shorthaul, we will publish mileage for the trip but not cents-per-mile calculations.
Now onto the West Coast edition of The Shorthaul, San Francisco to/from Las Vegas. No reason is needed to go. To make this deal awesome, you will need to use one of Virgin America’s 20% off coupons (see below).
Virgin America 20% off coupons:
- 20% off thanks to the San Francisco Giants. (This coupon will expire TOMORROW for purchase)
- 20% off thanks to Banana Republic
- September 22nd – 25th. Valid for travel from August 21st – November 14th for Monday through Saturday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by August 16th.
- SFO – LAS (Las Vegas) – SFO
- 826 miles
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on VirginAmerica