Delta has put Hanoi on sale from many cities including San Francisco. Hanoi is a great base to visit the neighboring country of Laos. Northern Vietnamese destinations like Ha Long Bay and Sapa are only a few hours away.
- October 1st – 10th. Valid for travel from September – December 15th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing code and enter “dl+” on both outbound and inbound field to search for Delta only. Must purchase by August 20th
- SFO – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – HAN (Hanoi) – ICN (Seoul) – NRT (Tokyo) – SFO
- 15,033 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Hanoi Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping