A good sale to Hanoi. If you don’t mind a triple connection, this fare can be under $900.
- October 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel from September – December 15th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing code and enter “dl+” on both outbound and inbound field to search for Delta only. Must purchase by August 20th
- BWI – DTW (Detroit) – ICN (Seoul) – HAN (Hanoi) – ICN – DTW – BWI. The HAN – ICN segment is a red-eye; as such, you will also get to spend about 12 hours in Seoul before boarding your flight back to the States – no hotel required
- 17,382 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Hanoi Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping