Yesterday’s deal from Portland to Singapore is also available from Seattle. Go get some chicken and rice, chili crabs and laksa. Use this as a springboard to visit the rest of Southeast Asia — Singapore is a great hub to do that due to the number of low cost carriers based there.
- October 1st – 10th. Valid for travel until December 9th or December 25th – 31st or January 1st, 2013 – June 9th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by August 23rd.
- SEA – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SIN (Singapore) – HKG – SFO – SEA
- 18,390 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.26 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping