Central Asia is a big gap in our travel map and Kazakhstan is actually a country we want to visit. It is the world’s 9th largest country by size and the steppes of Central Asia has always intrigued us. We want to go and use it as a springboard to visit all the Stans in Central Asia. Did we mention we were country collectors? If you share the same wanderlust, this is a very good fare to go to Kazakhstan.
- October 1st – 10th. Valid for travel from August 21st – October 21st. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “kl+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only KLM availability. Must purchase 11 days in advance of departure.
- JFK – AMS (Amsterdam) – ALA (Almaty) – AMS – JFK
- 13,792 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 13,792 miles is halfway to a free domestic ticket. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles — DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25% mileage. Credit to Delta!
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival, prices vary
- Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) $1USD = 149.70 KZT
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping