The normal price for West Coast to South Africa is about $1,600.Use Joburg as a springboard to visit the rest of South Africa and neighboring countries like Namibia and Botswana.
- November 12th – November 21st. Valid for travel October 26th – December 6th or December 25th – March 31st, 2013 Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ba+” on both the outbound and return routing code fields to see only British Airways availability. Must purchase by August 8th
- SJC – LAX (Los Angeles) – LHR (London) – JNB (Johannesburg) – LHR – LAX – SJC
- 22,768 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. British Airways is partners with American Airlines and a member of the Oneworld alliance. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American Airlines if you do not want to collect British Airways Avios Miles.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on BA.COM
- If you have a British Airways Credit Card from Chase, save 10% on all BA purchases. More Info. However, because there is a codeshare segment (the SJC – LAX portions is operated by American Airlines) on this itinerary, the 10% does not apply.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping