A good sale to Ho Chi Minh City. Use this cheap flight to visit the Mekong Delta and the rest of Vietnam.
- October 16th – 25th. Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th or January 1st, 2013 – May 20th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “ua+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing code fields. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure.
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – SFO
- 15,676 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping