Paraguay is not on many wish lists of countries to visit but we are in the camp of chasing the fare and not the destination. We believe this way of traveling will lead you to interesting destinations like Paraguay. It’s still unexplored by many tourists — so go explore!
- September 18th – 24th. Valid for travel August 26th – December 14th for Monday through Thursday departures. Availability is limited. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by July 30th.
- IAD – SAL (San Salvador, El Salvador) – LIM (Lima, Peru) – ASU (Asuncion) – LIM – SAL – IAD
- 10,184 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. TACA is a member of the Star Alliance and this fare will earn 100% with Air Canada’s Aeroplan mileage. It will earn 50% with United and US Airways.
- Use dates above and book on TACA.COM
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Paraguayan Guarani (PYG) $1USD = 4,450 PYG
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping