A nice sale to Ho Chi Minh City and a nice price drop of almost $80 since we last published this 3 weeks ago. Use Ho Chi Minh City as a springboat to visit the Mekong Delta and the rest of Vietnam.
- October 8th – 16th. Valid for travel from September 4th – November 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by July 10th
- SEA – NRT (Tokyo) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SFO (San Francisco) – SEA
- 16,007 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping