The deal to Guyana we published from New York last week is also available from most West Coast cities including Los Angeles, Seattle and Portland. Guyana is becoming an eco-tourist destination. Go check it out. Guyana is also the only country in South America where the official language is English.
- October 4th – 11th. Valid for travel August 15th – December 14th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase 21 days in advance of departure. Delta only operates this flight to Georgetown on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Sample for Los Angeles only
- LAX – JFK (New York) – GEO (Georgetown) – JFK – LAX
- 10,002 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Guyanese Dollar (GYD) $1USD = 201GYD. USD widely accepted.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping