A good sale to Hanoi. We actually like Hanoi much better than Ho Chi Minh City — it’s smaller and quieter. We also like the food better. Hanoi is a good base to visit Sapa and Ha Long Bay.
- September 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel August 21st – November 30th and January 1st, 2013 – April 30th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing code and enter “dl+” on both outbound and inbound field to search for Delta only. Must purchase by June 25th
- LGA – DTW (Detroit) – ICN (Seoul) – HAN (Hanoi) – ICN – DTW – LGA
- 17,568 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Hanoi Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping