All major airlines have a deal to Shanghai for late Fall travel — here’s the American Airline one from New York. Remember to use the AA gift cards available at selected Costco’s in the tri-state area to save 10%, bringing this down to about $745ish.
- November 1st – 8th. Valid for travel from October 25th – December 10th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase 60 days in advance of departure.
- LGA – ORD (Chicago) – PVG (Shanghai) – ORD – LGA
- 15,540 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Use dates above and book on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping