A good sale to Ho Chi Minh City for late Summer and early Fall travel. Use Ho Chi Minh City as a springboard to visit the rest of Vietnam.
- September 13th – September 24th. Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability and enable advance routing codes and input “hkg” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field . Must purchase by June 5th.
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – SFO
- 15,676 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. Remember to collect your miles, 15,676 miles is more than enough for an one-way domestic award ticket! Miles = free travel.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 20,820 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping