The fare dropped a few dollars that we published almost two months ago. Use this fare to visit the rest of Central Asia.
- October 8th – 17th. Valid for travel from August 21st – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing and enter “tk+” on both the outbound and inbound field to only search Turkish Airlines. Must purchase by March 31st, 2013.
- JFK – IST (Istanbul) – ALA (Almaty) – IST – JFK
- 14,480 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa Requirement: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival, prices vary
- Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge (KZT) $1USD = 149.70 KZT
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping