The last few weeks has been really good for Caribbean travel – we had deals from New York to San Juan for under $200, St. Thomas for under $220 and now, St. Maarteen for under $270.
For those who like to island hop, Antigua is a short ferry ride from St. Maarteen also.
- May 30th – June 5th. Valid for travel until April, 2013 for Monday through Thurdsay departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing and input “us+” on both outbound and inbound field to search only US Airways and on the length of stay field, enter “0-7” or a combination of a 7 day range to see best availability. Must purchase 14 days in advance of departure
- JFK – CLT (Charlotte) – SXM (St. Maarten) – CLT – JFK
- 4,307 miles or 5.6 cents per mile.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book at USAirways.com
- US Airways’ cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. There is a $30 USD Departure Tax.
- Currency: Dutch Guilder (ANG) $1USD = 1.79 ANG. Euros & Dollars widely accepted.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping