United is attacking some of American Airline’s most profitable routes to Brazil from Miami and Dallas. These are significantly cheaper than the American non-stop and involves backtracking to either Houston or Newark.
- June 6th – 13th. Valid for travel until June 30th or August 8th – December 16th or December 24th – December 31st for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure
- Sample for Rio de Janeiro from Miami only
- MIA – IAH (Houston) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – IAH – MIA
- 11,970 miles or 5.3 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160.
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 1.93 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping