Geneva is a great small city with easy access to the rest of Switzerland. This fare is good for travel in January and February of 2013. Use this to go ski the alps of Switzerland — Chamonix, at the base of Mont Blanc for example is only 88 kilometers (or about 55 miles) from Geneva. As an added bonus, on the return, you get a nice overnight layover in Helsinki. Use it to explore Helsinki.
Finnair is the national airline of Finland, a member of the OneWorld alliance and an American Airlines AAdvantage partner.
- January 3rd – January 9th, 2013. . Valid for travel from January 1st, 2013 – February 27th, 2013 for Monday through Thursday travel. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability, enable advance code and enter “ay+” on both outbound and inbound to see this Finnair fare. Must purchase 3 days in advance of departure.
- JFK – HEL (Helsinki) – GVA (Geneva) – HEL – JFK
- 10,617 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. . Finnair is a member of the OneWorld alliance and a partner of American Airlines’ AAdvantage program. Provide the checkin staff with your American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer number to receive 100% mileage credit. 10,628 miles is almost enough for an one-way domestic award ticket.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Swiss Franc (CHF) $1USD = 0.918 CHF
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping