A nice sale to Durban — the third largest city in South Africa!
- May 1st – 10th. Valid for travel until May 31st or August 11th – October 25th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by May 15th.
- JFK – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – DUR (Durban) – JNB – AMS – JFK
- 19,071 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. The JNB – DUR segment is codeshare with BA Comair — that segment will not be credited to Delta. As such, you’ll earn 18,477 miles or 5.7 cents per mile with Delta. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. With 18,477 miles, that’s almost enough for a free domestic ticket; remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at checkin to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping