Lagos is not exactly a tourist destination and there is currently a travel advisory to Nigeria from the State Department, but if you need to go or want to explore the rest of West Africa, this is a great fare for it.
- May 3rd – 9th. Valid for travel until May 31st or August 11th – October 25th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by May 15th.
- EWR – IAH (Houston) – LOS (Lagos) – IAH – EWR
- 15,798 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival
- Currency: Nigerian Naira (NGN). $1USD = 157 NGN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping