A lot of airlines put Europe and the Middle East on sale this week. We been having a lot of fun looking for exotic spots that meet our criteria of 6 cents per mile or less. And we found a great destination today, Tenerife. Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands and is known for its great beaches and nightlight!
- April 16th – 24th. Valid for travel from March 27th – May 17th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States, and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 15th.
- JFK – AMS (Amsterdam) – BCN (Barcelona) – TFN (Tenerife) – BCN – AMS – JFK
- 11,556 miles or 6.0 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and this will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 11,556 miles is almost half way to a free domestic ticket (remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles). DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program as it will only earn 25%. Credit these miles to Delta!
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Euro (EUR) $1USD = 0.76 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping