Spring fares to Europe are out — Istanbul from Los Angeles was under $600 for most of the winter. Well, they are slightly more expensive for spring travel, but it is still a great deal. KLM is the national airline of the Netherlands and is partners with Delta.
- April 3rd – April 11th. Valid for travel from April 2nd – May 17th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States, and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 26th.
- LAX – JFK (New York) – IST (Istanbul) – AMS (Amsterdam) – LAX. The LAX – JFK – IST portion is operated by Delta.
- 14,485 miles or 5.3 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and this will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 14,485 miles is more than half way to a free domestic ticket (remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles). DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program as it will only earn 25%. Credit these miles to Delta!
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping