Ho Chi Minh City continues to be on sale from various cities, now from Boston! The availability is limited but the fare is good! Use Ho Chi Minh City as a base to visit other parts of Vietnam. Use low-cost carriers like JetStar Pacific or Air Mekong for lower fares than Vietnam Airlines.
- May 1st – 8th. Valid for travel from April 22nd – June 9th for Monday through Thursday departures with limited availability. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 20th.
- BOS – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – ORD (Chicago) – BOS
- 20,140 miles or 4.6 cents per mile
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping