Bangkok is a great city to visit in Southeast Asia — great food, shopping, and nightlife. Definitely worth checking out and also using it as a springboard to visit the rest of southeast Asia, like Cambodia and Laos. Low cost carriers from Bangkok are very economical.
- May 10th – 17th. Valid for travel from April 22nd – June 9th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 20th.
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – NRT – JFK
- 19,268 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Remember to collect your miles because miles = the best way for free travel! 19,000+ miles is almost enough for a free domestic roundtrip or enough for a one-way domestic award ticket.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Thai Baht (THB). $1USD = 30THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping