Turkish Airlines: Los Angeles – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. $969. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates. While Abu Dhabi is less well known as its neighbor to the south, Dubai, Abu Dhabi is actually the richer city. Abu Dhabi is doing everything it can to become the bigger brother and take the international spotlight from Dubai.
- April 4th – 11th. Valid for travel until May 15th or August 21st through March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 31st
- LAX – IST (Istanbul) – AUH (Abu Dhabi) – IST – LAX
- 17,454 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is partners with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance. At checkin, provide Turkish with your United MileagePlus number to receive 100% mileage for these flights. 17,454 miles is more than enough for an one-way domestic award ticket which is worth about $125 – $200.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Emirati Dirham (AED). $1USD = 3.67 AED
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping