A very good deal to Ho Chi Minh City — use this as a springboard to visit the rest of Vietnam or just the Mekong Delta! This is a very good fare.
- April 2nd – 14th. Valid for travel until May 20th for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advance routing code and enter “ua+” to only search United. Must purchase by March 12th.
- SEA – SFO (San Francisco) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – SFO – SEA
- 17,032 miles or 5.1 cents per mile. Remember to collect your frequent flyer miles (it’s free) and 17,000 miles is enough for a one-way domestic reward. Depending on where you go, it could be up to $200 in value!
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you may have an agent arrange a visa for pick-up upon arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for a $20-25 handling fee paid upfront + $25 for the visa itself (also payable upon arrival). The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping