Iberia is the national airline of Spain and is a member of the oneworld alliance and a partner with American Airlines.
- March 6th – 13th. Valid for travel until March 28th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advance routing and put “ib+” on both the outbound and inbound to search only Iberia flights. Must purchase by March 8th.
- MIA – MAD (Madrid) – JNB (Johannesburg) – MAD – MIA
- 18,887 miles or 4.5 cents per mile. The best mileage program to put this flight on is with American. The MAD – JNB portion will only earn 60% mileage, so for this trip, you will earn 14,872 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. However, despite only earning 60% mileage for the Madrid – Johannesburg portion with American, that is still better than putting these flights with Iberia’s program. Provide your American AAdvantage number at check-in to receive your miles.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand. $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping