A solid deal to Ho Chi Minh City. Southeast Asia is best in the Spring. Use Ho Chi Minh City as the springboard to visit the rest of Vietnam.
- May 1st – 7th. Valid for travel from April 22nd – June 9th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 31st.
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT – JFK
- 18,896 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com.
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping