Locations with limited service are usually very expensive but recently we have seen many good deals to Africa, especially South Africa. Swiss is running a sale to Dar es Salaam. Zanzibar is also short ferry ride from Dar es Salaam. If some of the best beaches in Africa is not your thing, then maybe a safari is.
- January 20th – 29th. Valid for travel March 28th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by February 8th
- JFK – ZRH (Zurich) – NBO (Nairobi, Kenya) – DAR (Dar es Salaam) – NBO – ZRH – JFK
- 16,220 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Swiss is partners with United’s MileagePlus frequent flyer program. This fare will receive 100% mileage credit with United. Please provide Swiss your United MileagePlus number at checkin to receive mileage credit.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival ($100 USD) + proof of Yellow fever vaccination.
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling (TZS). $1USD = 1,575 TZS
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping