A nice fare to Istanbul from Chicago. Use this to see one of the most talk-about destinations for 2012 (it is on many many publications as a top destination for 2012).
- February 1st – 6th. Valid for travel until April 1st for Sunday through Thursday from United States and Monday through Thursday to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 12th.
- ORD – AMS (Amsterdam) – IST – AMS – ORD
- 10,985 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and is the national airline of the Netherlands. This fare will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at checkin to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping