A nice fare from Seattle to Ho Chi Minh City that works until May. Use this to explore the Mekong River delta then head up to Da Nang for some beach time and then Hanoi, Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Use low cost carrier JetStar to fly around — much cheaper than Vietnam Airlines or take the train.
- April 4th – 13th, 2012. Valid for travel from January 21st – May 20th, 2012 for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by January 4th, 2012.
- SEA – NRT (Tokyo) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SFO (San Francisco) – SEA.
- 16,021 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping