A great fare to Manila from LA. This is a great time to book for early 2012 travel.
- January 25th – February 2nd, 2012. Valid for travel until March 31st, 2012 for Sunday through Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by December 19th, 2011.
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – MNL (Manila) – NRT – LAX
- Flown mileage = 14,662 miles. However, the NRT – MNL segments are booked with JAL (Japan Airlines) and they will only earn 50% with AA. As such, the total mileage earned will be 12,795 miles or 5.6 cents per mile. If you are flying now and January 31st, 2012 — remember to sign up for the American Airlines double elite miles promotion
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on AA.com. You must go to the “More Flight Options” page from the AA.com homepage and then in section 7, select “AA, American Eagle, AmericanConnection® and oneworld” option to find this fare.
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens -not required
- Currency: Philippine Peso (PHP): $1USD = 43.8 PHP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping