Normally we don’t recommend buying tickets more than 2 months advance. However, United and Delta has put Seoul on sale for travel next April through June. Buy now to save big, Seoul is rarely this inexpensive from New York and Boston.
- May 1st – 8th, 2012. Valid for travel from April 22nd, 2012 – June 9th, 2012 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 30th, 2011.
- For United & out of NYC only
- JFK – SFO (San Francisco) – ICN (Seoul) – SFO – EWR (Newark)
- 16,421 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Delta.com or United.com
- United and Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Won (KRW) – $1USD = 1,147 KRW
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping