KLM has put South Africa on sale from many US cities. Go to Cape Town for some great beaches, nice wineries and of course, an opportunity to go on a safari.
- November 27th – December 7th. Valid for travel from November 14th – December 14th & December 29th – January 1st, 2012 & January 9th, 2012 – March 22nd, 2012 for Sunday through Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 7th, 2011.
- IAD – AMS (Amsterdam) – CPT (Cape Town) – AMS – IAD
- 19,742 miles or 4.7 cents per mile. KLM partners with Delta and this will credit 100% mileage with Delta SkyMiles. 19,742 miles is almost enough miles for a free domestic ticket, remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at checkin to receive your miles. DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program, as it will only earn 25%. Credit to Delta!
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and then book on www.klm.com
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping