Sales to Costa Rica are becoming more and more expensive. Earlier this year, San Jose was under $300, the last two sales are over $300. If you have plans for Costa Rica, now it is the time to buy it. Pricing is trending upward.
- December 7th – 13th. Valid for travel until August, 2012 for Monday through Thursday departures with blackout dates around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase 28 days advance of departure.
- EWR – DFW (Dallas) – SJO (San Jose, Costa Rica) – DFW – EWR. Routing via MIA (Miami) is also available
- 5,350 miles or 6.0 cents per miles
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on AA.com
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required but there is a $26 USD departure tax.
- Currency: Costa Rican Colon (CRC). $1USD = 506 CRC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping