Hong Kong is our favorite city in Asia and has the world’s cheapest Michelin starred restaurant — Tim Wan Ho. If you go, definitely order their baked char siu bao.
Delta is also running a Double Miles Promotion from Detroit to Hong Kong. Must sign up by November 15th for travel until November 30th. Always take advantage of any airline route base promotions to increase mileage earning. Detroit – Hong Kong is 15,714 miles roundtrip or 31,428 miles with the double miles. That is enough miles for a free domestic trip to anywhere in the continental United States and Canada.That’s why you should collect miles. Miles equal free trips! Always think of lifetime value and don’t save a few bucks on your flight unless you don’t plan to fly ever again!
- November 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel until December 8th for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by October 24th.
- LGA – DTW (Detroit) – HKG (Hong Kong) – DTW – LGA. Make sure you select the connection in Detroit (DTW) to maximize mileage earning!
- 16,717 miles or 5.0 cents per mile without double miles bonus
- With double miles bonus = 31,418 miles for Detroit to Hong Kong and 1,003 miles for NYC to Detroit = 32,421 miles or 2.5 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping