Emirates: Los Angeles – Guangzhou, China (with Dubai, UAE for FREE). $831. Roundtrip, including all Taxes and Fees
Take two vacations for the price of ONE airfare! Emirates is running a very good sale to Guangzhou, China (formerly known as Canton) and approximately 100 miles north of Hong Kong. Guangzhou and it’s cuisine is what most American’s eat at Chinese restaurants.
The fare is great in that you can stopover in Dubai on the way back for FREE. So you can go to Guangzhou for a few days, on the way back, stop over in Dubai.
- November 3rd to November 13th. Valid for travel until February 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advance routing code and input “ek+” on both outbound and inbound to see availability. Once you see date availability, go to Emirates.com to book. Instructions for adding Dubai as a free STOPOVER are on the bottom.
- LAX – DXB (Dubai) – CAN (Guangzhou) – DXB – LAX
- 23,931 miles or 3.4 cents per mile
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on emirates.com
- The Dubai stopover must be for when you are coming back to the US and you must use the Multiple Destinations / Stopovers option to add it.
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
- Visa: US Citizens – not required
- Currency: Emirati Dirham (AED) – $1USD = 3.7 AED
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping