Shanghai is probably the most accessible and cosmopolitan of all the Chinese cities for tourist.
- November 10th – 16th. Valid for travel until December 31st, 2011 with availability almost everyday. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact availability. Must purchase by October 17th, 2011
- LGA (LaGuardia) / EWR (Newark) – ORD (Chicago) – PVG (Shanghai) – ORD – LGA/EWR
- 15,526 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. If you have more travel plans with American next year, this would be a good fare to do the Gold Challenge. With Gold status with American, you would save on check baggage until February 2013, receive priority checkin, security and boarding along with 25% mileage bonus.
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on AA.com
- If you are traveling between October 29th – December 5th, 5% discount code to save even more — can be stacked with 10% Costco giftcards
- Use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save more
- AA’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping