This is what we said about Manila the last time we had a deal –
Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is the only Asian capital city that has Spanish architectural influences. It’s also a melting pot of Asian, Pacific and Latin influences, resulting in an interesting cultural flavor and an interesting mix of food that most Americans haven’t tried, especially the amazing lechon! We could go and just eat lechon for the entire trip. Go experience and taste it for yourself.
If Manila isn’t your thing, use Manila as a springboard to Boracay, home of the best beaches and diving experiences in Asia. The least expensive fare for the same travel period to Boracay is $1,950 from San Francisco. Think of this as an easy travel hack — a non-stop from Manila to Boracay (Airport code: MPH) on Phillippines Airlines searched on Zuji (Travelocity’s Asia Site) is ~$300 USD. That’s a savings of $805. Use the savings to stay at the Shangri-la Boracay; for more local experience, stay at Jony’s.
- November 8th – 15th. Valid for travel from November 1st – December 8th for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact availability. Tickets must be purchased by October 14th.
- SEA – SFO (San Francisco) – NRT (Tokyo) – MNL (Manila) – NRT – SEA
- 14,330 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. ANA is an United partner and the NRT – MNL portion will earn 100% mileage with United.
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Orbitz.com
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required for stays of up to 21 days.
- Currency: Philippine Peso (PHP) – $1USD = 43 PHP