We had a lot of fun in Budapest in 2007. The Pest part of the city is definitely more fun than the Buda side –one of the fun things to do in Buda is to hike up Castle Hill and then having a drink overlooking the city. Magnificent.
If you plan on booking this trip, definitely read the booking section of this post for information on saving an extra 10% — bringing this airfare to approximately $720.
- November 9th – 15th. Valid for travel from October 29th – March 26th, 2012 for Sunday through Thursday departures with blackout dates from December 14th – 24th. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact availability. Must purchase by October 27th.
- SFO – JFK (New York) – BUD (Budapest) – JFK – SFO
- 13,872 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. If you want elite status with AA, this would be a good fare to do the American Airlines’ Gold Challenge that we wrote about a few weeks ago.
Bookable on AA.com. AA’s risk free cancellation policy here. You can also use the 10% off Costco AA Gift Cards to save up to $80 / per person on this fare since you can use up to 8 giftcards per reservation. Put this fare on hold, go to Costco, pick up the Gift Cards and buy!
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required
- Currency: Forint. $1USD = 221 Hungarian Forint