Nairobi, Kenya is used by many as the gateway to an African safari adventure. At $844, it has never been this low from Washington D.C. and New York. From Nairobi, pick up a flight to Kilimanjaro and go see the Serengeti migrations. It is definitely one of the top 10 wonders of the world. Or if the Serengeti is too much additional travel for you, the Nairobi National Park is right outside of the city.
Turkish Airlines is part of the Star Alliance and as such, you can credit your miles to either United or US Airways.
- November 15th – 25th. Valid for travel until March 31st, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see exact availability.
- IAD (Washington D.C. – Dulles) – IST (Istanbul) – NBO (Nairobi) – IST – IAD
- 16,380 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. This is booked in W fare class and will credit 100% with United
Bookable on Orbitz.com. Search first on matrix.itasoftware.com and enter exact dates in Orbitz then select preferred airline – Turkish Airlines
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $25
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling – $1USD = 101 KES
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $100
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination required
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling – $1USD = 1,669 TZS