US Airways is being slick — a super quick sale that ends tomorrow. They seem to be doing a lot of it lately — just over the weekend, they did the same thing with Dublin. If you break down these prices, basically US Airways is charging $300 to go West Coast to East Coast and then $425 for East Coast to Europe. That is a very good deal.
Lisbon and Rome are two old world capitals. Both with its own charms. There is one thing in Rome that we wish we could get here or get a version that is as good here — spaghetti carbonara without them cream sauce.
- October 21st – 28th. Valid for travel from October 3rd, 2011 – November 22nd, 2011. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find it. Enable advance routing code and enter “us+” to see all availability. Must purchase by September 27th, 2011. Limited availability. Also requires 14 days advanced purchase.
- Lisbon: SFO – PHL (Philadelphia) – LIS (Lisbon) – PHL – SFO
- Rome: SFO – CLT (Charlotte) – FCO (Rome) – CLT – SFO
- Lisbon: 11,922 miles or 6.0 cents per mile ($721)
- Rome: 14,176 miles or 5.0 cents per mile ($714)
- If you use a MasterCard, you will receive up to 1,000 bonus miles for booking on USAirways.com – Details
Bookable on USAirways.com. Cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – no visa is required
- Currency: Euro – $1USD = 0.74 Euros.