A few days ago, we published a mistake fare from Washington D.C., Dallas, Orlando and Chicago to Santiago. Today, we bring you a similar deal from JFK without having to first get to Washington D.C. to catch the flight.
- November 3rd to November 10th. Must purchase by September 19th for travel until December 7th for Monday to Thursday travel. Use Kayak and flexible search to be re-directed to Orbitz or Cheaptickets for booking.
[update 1 @ 12:00am 9/18 – fare pulled and gone]
- JFK – MEX (Mexico City) – SCL (Santiago) – MEX – JFK
- JFK – MEX and MEX-JFK is on AeroMexico. AeroMexico is a Delta partner.
- MEX – SCL and SCL – MEX is on LAN Chile. LAN Chile is an American Airlines partner.
- 12,349 miles total flown miles.
- The AeroMexico portion is booked in P coach class and that earns 75% with Delta. JFK-MEX / MEX – JFK = 4,180 flown miles but will only earn 3,135 miles with Delta
- The LAN portion is booked in O coach class and that earns 100% with AA. MEX-SCL / SCL – JFK = 8,169 miles.
- Total miles earned: 11,304 or 5.9 cents per mile
Please see the Sample Date section above for booking instructions.
- Visa: Not required for US Citizens, however, Chile does charge a $140 reciprocity fee on arrival. The fee is the same as what the US charges foreign nationals when they apply for a US Visa
- Currency: Chilean Pesos – $1 USD = 475 CLP